Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dear Ol' Davis High School...

It's hard to believe my friends and I graduated 20 years ago...seriously, I do not feel that old! I loved going to Davis High!! I loved the friends I had, the memories we made, and everything else about it. We had our 20 year reunion this past Friday: the Class of '88 on 08.08.08. Since we graduated they have completely re-done the entire school, so nothing is the same anymore, but since it was one of the oldest schools in the state I suppose it was time. Now tell me this, if you are one of the first schools in the state, why do you choose brown and gold for your colors and a dart for your mascot?!! Doesn't matter, I still love them all anyway!

These are some of my best friends I've had throughout the years--Michelle, Marcie, and Jalynn, and all we were missing was Teresa. The best part is that we have stayed in touch since leaving high school and still have a blast together. We all played sports together growing up, which is pretty much what brought us together in the first place. I have many stories about each one of these girls, but I don't have time to go into them now.
Our reunion was held at the high school, and it was fun to see how different the school is now that it is new--it's very nice. The best part was seeing so many old friends from the past and being able to chat with them for a bit. We were only going to stay for an hour, but you know how that goes...3 hours later when they were going to shut the lights down is when we finally made our exit. Our night didn't end there, though. We were headed north to Bear Lake, after we picked up a couple more friends, for our annual girls weekend out at Jalynn's condo there (and arrived somewhere between 1:30 and 2am!). We have been going to Jalynn's condo at Bear Lake since we were in 7th grade and we love it!! We have so many fun memories from going there for so many years.

We pretty much have our routine down there at the condo. It doesn't take us long to start making all the yummy treats to eat--like we don't have enough junk anyway. Our two main staples are Trish's salsa and the chex mix I make. They usually don't last too long, but there is plenty of other junk to go around too.
The rest of our time is spent either playing cards, Nerts to be exact, watching movies, going for power walks, or sleeping. And that's pretty much it. This is a trip we look forward to every year, and it's a fun way to stay in touch. Last night we found a website that had ring tones on it, and Jalynn wanted some new ones on her phone, so she told Marcie to get her some...and then she fell asleep. Ya, for the next two hours instead of watching the movie we looked up ringtones and had a blast completely resetting her phone. We were laughing so hard I'm surprised she didn't wake up!
Then today came with a power walk in the morning, playing a couple of games in the afternoon, and just like that it was over. It was shorter than usual, but still a great time! In this picture before we left there is me, Jalynn, Michelle, Megyn, Marcie, and Ricci (who just got the head volleyball coaching job at Layton High and is pregnant with her first child, who we are all pretty sure is going to be a girl!!). I love these guys so much! Now I'm getting ready to leave to girl's camp in the morning so BYE!

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

You've got great friends, Heather...but, where's Teresa? We'd sure like to talk to you about all these fun things you've been doing. Call when you have more than 3 seconds to spare.

Brandon and Lori said...

Looks like fun. We saw Daren on Friday though and you might be paying for all your time away (which I'm sure was deserved). How fun to get together with all your friends, I love it.