Monday, February 9, 2009

goodbye robyn

Today was the funeral for my friend, neighbor, and fellow worker in young women's, Robyn Johnson. She has battled breast cancer off and on for 13 years--she was an amazing and strong-willed woman and was such a fighter until her body literally wore out last week. She leaves behind her husband, Dave, and son, Davis (17 years old). This past mother's day, Davis spoke at church, and read this poem he wrote for his mom, and he read it again at her funeral today, and it was so sweet I had to include it. Thanks for your inspiration Robyn--we'll all miss you!




4 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

We are so, so sorry for your loss, Heather. A life taken in her prime is hard to understand. In times like this, only the spirit of the Lord can bring the peace needed. Love you, sweethearts.

Maryanne said...

I actually really didn't know Robin very well. I wish I had known her better. What an amazing woman who fought a good fight. An inspiration to us all.

Brandon and Lori said...

I'm sorry about your friend. I liked the poem alot.

Julie V. said...

She was a strong woman. Her funeral was beautiful and I was impressed by her sons dignity in speaking about his mom.