Tuesday, February 3, 2009

if i'd only known

If I'd only known that the nintendo ds Santa brought Ben for Christmas was going to cause so much trouble around here, Santa might have had second thoughts about it!! I mean...we might have sent a different wish list to Santa...one with other options! Geesh, you should see the way the twins freak out over this thing, especially since I have to limit their time on it. Ben has been so patient, for the most part, throughtout this trying time. His answer to it all is, "Mom, their birthday is coming up. Maybe they can each get one." Hmmm, he might be on to something!!

If I'd only known what that noise was coming from the kitchen one day last week! I was frantically trying to get a blanket done for my niece's birthday, so I was slaving away in my office when I heard little noises from time to time in the kitchen. The boys were watching Scooby Doo, so I didn't worry much about it. When I emerged from my room, this is what I discovered--pineapples everywhere! I think they found every pineapple cup in the house, and had managed to chow down every single one, except for the few on the floor, which they may have polished off if I'd given them enough time!!

They were, of course, completely oblivious to any sticky mess they had made, and were simply content to be watching their show.

4 comments:

Julie V. said...

Don't do it! Video games are the bane of my existence. I would "accidently' lose the DS and never again buy a game system if it were me.

Callisto said...

Mom would say that. I think they're ok if you stick with the strict time limits. Consistency is your best friend.

Brandon and Lori said...

I warned you in my post "game station rehab" you didn't take my advice! You've got to love boys, why doesn't sticky stuff bother them?

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

Well, your boys are certainly resourceful when they're hungry.
It seems the video game situation is a dilemma.