Thursday, March 19, 2009

happy birthdays/anniversary

I'm still in the middle of trying to post all the stuff from our spring break trip, but in the meantime I had to take a break to post this one...lots of things have happened the past few days, including the twins turning 5 on Sunday, and Daren and I celebrating our 14th anniversary on Tuesday. March is a big month around here!


Look at these boys!! Where does the time go?! It just seems like yesterday that I was in the hospital with these two little guys...on mine and Daren's 9th anniversary!

Thus, the cute little shamrock outfits, since our anniversary is on St. Paddy's Day. We got married on my friend's, Teresa and Rick's, 6th anniversary, so if you do the math, it was their 20th anniversary the other day too--congrats to them! And if that wasn't enough, congrats to Alisha and Jed and "unnamed Knight" who was born that morning and is two days old now. Whew, a big day!! Happy Anniversary Daren--thanks for so many great years together and for making such a great life for us!! I love you!




Well, March 15 came quickly again this year, and now our babes are five. Ben wanted to know what time they were born so he could wish them a happy b-day then--Will was at 8:05am, Jake at 8:06am, so although Will may always be smaller, he will always be a minute older! I showed them pictures (which I will NOT post) of me posing in a bikini to show my XL belly just before I had them, and for the rest of the day Jake told everyone, "I saw pictures of my mom when I was in her belly and she was REALLY FAT!!"


Will obviously began his day in his birthday suit--that's because he was in the tub while Ben and I were hurrying to decorate and get their presents ready. It's not easy to throw a birthday together when you've been gone for a couple weeks!! Will has become a Sponge Bob JUNKIE, so I couldn't resist getting this pillow for him. (he's singing the Sponge Bob song in the picture!)

I know you can't tell, but Jake was thrilled with his new garden tools. Yep, that's what he wanted! Now if I can really get him to use them this spring... He was excited for his new Legos Indiana Jones too.

Will has been glued at the hip to his Indiana Jones cargo truck he got, along with a few Indiana Jones characters. He loves the cargo boxes, and has slept with the truck and boxes every night ever since. One of the Indy characters came with the golden idol, from Raiders of the Lost Ark, but Will calls it the "American Idol." He will often ask me, "Mom, have you seen the American Idol?"

And Jake chose Lucky Charms for his birthday breakfast--not a bad deal if you ask me!!


Later that day we had a little gathering for them with some of Daren's family--Will was thrilled because he got to eat, yet another, "crabby patty." (Sponge Bob's specialty)
Ben has become a Harry Potter fanatic lately, and when we got home from our trip he promptly found the Harry Potter glasses and hasn't parted from them since, except for when he goes to school. When he gets into something, he goes into it hook, line and sinker.
The boys loved their dinosaur cake, and their day was complete. We love these guys and feel so blessed every day for the miracle that they are in our lives.

2 comments:

Julie V. said...

I can't believe the twins are 5!!! I love their birthday/date. I have always thought it was a lucky date.
They are so cute in the baby picture! AWW. I remember like it was yesterday when they were that small.

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

We're glad the "awesome twosome" had such a great birthday. We miss you guys!