Tuesday, March 24, 2009

never a dull moment

Have I ever mentioned that there is hardly ever a dull moment around here?! Two cases in point...First, the other day Ben got carried away in his Harry Potter stuff again...
He is rarely seen without a lightning-shaped scar on his forehead, and somehow the other brothers show up with scars as well! (Amazingly enough, he had a green scar on St. Paddy's Day!) This was a conversation Ben and I had the other night:

Ben: Mom, when I'm asleep tonight, will you take something really sharp and make a real scar on my forehead.

Me: What?!

Ben: Yea, I want a real scar, so can you pleeeeease give me a real scar? *at least he did ask nicely* It won't hurt because I'll be asleep. Just get some big bandaids, and some big towels to wipe up all the blood, and in the morning I'll have a scar.

Mom: *trying not to laugh* I'm not going to cut up your head to give you a scar!

I went on to explain that he wouldn't get a scar from a small cut, and he wasn't totally convinced. Then when he woke up the next morning and there was no cut, he was actually really mad at me!! But he hasn't asked since. Crazy boy! And so he's gone back to drawing them on.



Somehow the administration of Hogwarts found Harry Potter at 1332 Cancun Way in Surrey. These were crammed in the mailbox...probably because we don't have a mail slot in our front door to send them through!

This is what the note said, but "Harry" hasn't left yet. Hmmm, can I take over that room too when he's gone?!


The other case of our non-dull life: this morning the twins got in the "little tub." Will wanted a few bubbles...and that's what he got...a few bubbles...!!
So Will calls out to me in the other room, "Hey Mom, we have too many bubbles. They are going to flood our house!" I can't leave them alone even for just a few minutes! It actually made me laugh, and I'm glad I thought to grab my camera! And there wasn't any major damage--whew!
As a p.s., today little Vander Knight, who was born just a week ago to Jed and Alisha, will be having heart surgery at Primary Children's Hospital to fix a kink in his aorta. We wish all the Knights the best and hope for a quick recovery for Vander, who will hopefully come home in a couple weeks.

5 comments:

Beal Family said...

Heather..that is so hysterical about the Harry Potter scar. I can't stop laughing. That is sooo stinking funny.

sayfuzzypickles said...

oh my! Ben and the scar request, a true laugh out loud moment for me!!!! He is a crack up.

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

We don't know of anyone who gets into a story quite like Ben--good grief! There's always two questions: 1)how long will it last, and 2) what's next? It's great that he's got a mom who has fun with it too (most of the time). Love you lots.

Beal Family said...

Will is in my boys class! That is great! You will love the teacher Kathleen. She has made leaps and bounds with my boys...

Willie said...

Oh my gosh Heather! What darling boys. One adventure after another. You lucky girl! Love you so much - Willie