Tuesday, March 3, 2009

our first legos

So, we have finally entered the insane world of Legos! I always knew this day would come, but I tried to avoid it for as long as I possibly could. Then Daren was at Target with Will a couple weeks ago, and Will begged Daren to get this, and we all know what a softie Daren is when it comes to Will, so home it came. Granted, the boys had to earn it, but if I had my way, it would take them a couple of years to earn it, not a couple of weeks. But alas, we had it, they earned it, and we put it together. I didn't even think to take a picture of (what seemed like) the 5,000+ pieces spread out all over the kitchen island the other night.
I just knew this pirate ship would not last very long, and boy was I right. This thing was all consuming for the first few days because as soon as I got it together and would walk out of the room, Will would tear it apart and say, "Let's build it again!" He would keep after me until I would put it back together again, which I did enjoy doing, but I also had plenty of other things to do. Plus, I wouldn't mind doing it if Will would actually help, but he likes to play around and watch me.
Now it has mostly stayed together for at least a couple of days, so I think he's getting better with it. I think I can pretty much put it together blindfolded now!! It's fun, though, and all the boys love it, not just Will. Now I'm crazy enough to think about getting more pirate parts to add to the collection...their 5th birthday is coming up in a week and a half, so it would be good timing;)
Not much else went on this week. The indoor soccer team I play on beat the only undefeated team on Monday night, and it was a fun game. Not bad for those of us "old women" who are on the team!! Ben and Jake had their last day of the term at school on Friday, and even got out early--now that they are on the term break we are on our way to California to see Gpa and Gma Airplane, and the rest of our family, which we can't wait to do! (We did get invited to see Ben's little girlfriend, Bella, get baptized this coming Saturday, but we won't be around--bummer for him!) And Daren was desperate enough to go golfing on Saturday that he took the twins with him. He had a blast with them, and now he's bought a couple of smaller clubs for them to use next time.
Well, it's late and I'm not sure when I'll get to this again, but hopefully somewhere along the way on this trip. Until then...bye!

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

Good for you, Heather, the boys will always remember their first Legos and Mom helping them build their first project. How many pieces??
Love you.

Alisha Joy said...

Wow, you held out for a long time!! We have built all the sponge bob lego deals . . . nightmare!! We have that lego pirate ship too, but I glued ours together. =)

Alisha Joy said...

Oh, and River recently informed me he was saving up his money for the Lego Eiffel tower!!! WHAT!!!!