Friday, April 17, 2009

another spring day in utah

Spring in Utah is like a box of chocolates: you just never know what you are going to get!! This is what we woke up to yesterday morning. It was so beautiful, I had to grab my camera to get some photos, because believe me--the snow wasn't around long!!


the front yard and the back yard

I loved watching the snow melt and water drip off the crab apple tree!


Jake got into the spirit of the day and headed out for handfuls of snow. Will stayed inside and enjoyed the fruits of Jake's labor!
Spring also means that there is usually a good show in town. This year it was the greatly anticipated musical Wicked. Daren and I saw it with some friends in New York a couple years ago, and it was unbelievable. This time I knew the music much better and loved every minute of it. At intermission Daren leaned over and said, "I should have let you bring Ben to this instead of me. He would have loved it." Yes, he would have, but we are working on it so maybe he can still go. Thank you to Daren's parents, Barry and Susan, for the wonderful Christmas presents!!

3 comments:

Callisto said...

Isn't Utah weather delightful? That's only a little sarcastic. I really do enjoy the back and forth, if I complain a bit about it.

That's gotta be the best Christmas present I can think of (well, besides my own Hogwarts acceptance letter)! How fun that you got to go see Wicked while it's here in town.

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

Lucky you!!!

Alisha Joy said...

River went to Wicked with my little sister and my sister in law. I had already seen it so I gave him my ticket. He LOVED it!! Oh and thanx so much for the jam. Yum!