Tuesday, April 28, 2009

tacky, sticky, and chilly

tacky

We kept pretty busy this past week...starting off with Ben's 2nd grade "Reader's Theater."


Each of the second grade classes recited a different book, and Ben's class did Tacky the Penguin. It's a cute story about a penguin who doesn't mind being a bit different and unique, and how that difference can actually sometimes help. Ben's little group had a lot of lines to memorize-they played the part of Tacky-and they did a great job. In photo 1 Ben is on the far right.
I wanted to get a picture of Quentin and Ben after their assembly. They have been buddies since they were three years old in Nursery 3's at school. They are in the same class again this year, and they play lacrosse together. Quentin is a fun friend.

sticky

This is the time of year that the best tasting strawberries are available, so when I saw them on sale I grabbed three 4-lb. containers and made strawberry jam the rest of the day. I make plenty every year because we go through it like crazy. YUM!

chilly
Lacrosse started again for the spring season. They have only been practicing for a few weeks, with some of the practices cancelled because of snow, but this past Saturday was finally their first game. I didn't really believe Ben when he said his friend, Taylor-who is a girl, was practicing with them. Sure enough, on game day there was Taylor, dressed and ready to go. I took this picture of her because I think it's so cool she's playing with all the boys. I talked to her mom so much at the game that by the time I got around to taking pictures it was near the end of the game and Ben didn't play anymore. We took some other fun pictures, though. Especially when Will and Jake got a hold of my camera.



Ok--photo 3 is a picture with Will and his prized posession--Hank "Halloween" Murphy, from the Cars movie. He had just earned it the day before, but it was a big week for him. He also earned Jerry's Recycled Batteries truck, also from the Cars movie, earlier in the week. It's one that he's wanted ever since he saw it a few weeks ago.


I read somewhere that they are making another Cars movie, due out in 2010, but have not been able to confirm that. I sure hope so--we love that movie around here!

Anyway, I got off track...back to lacrosse. The boys played a very hard Alta team, but squeaked out a 6-5 win, on a very cold morning. Way to go boys!! I'm pretty sure Ben is the tall one in the middle with the white helmet. ;) I'll do better next time!

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

What a great book all this blogging is going to be someday--love the chapter headings too. We sure hope to see one of Ben's lacrosse games someday.

Brandon and Lori said...

I too hope they come out with another CARS movie. I love sitting in the cold weather watching boys play. What we do for our kids.