Sunday, June 21, 2009

randomness

K, as hard as I tried, this post is being stubborn and won't let me move this program, so just remember it at a certain point as you are reading through this post. :)

Now I've got some real catching up to do! You would think that having sick kids around here for the past two weeks would give me plenty of time to do this, but in reality it didn't at all!

It all started two weeks ago when Jake got sick. He really did fall asleep just like this on the kitchen stool one day as he was waiting for me to get off the phone. His temperature for 4 days hovered around 103-103.5, poor kid. After Thursday everyone was well until the next Sunday when Ben woke up sick. Then just as soon as Ben was feeling better last Wednesday, Will threw up on his bus and Jake got sick again. I left for youth conference on Thursday, so Daren, who wasn't feeling great himself, was stuck home with a bunch of sickies!! But today, for the first time in 2 weeks, everyone is feeling quite well. We made it through the whole winter without hardly even a sniffle, and then summer hits and we're out for weeks. Hopefully this is it for us for a while! Even a lot of our extended family is sick, and hopefully that is it for them too!!


So anyway, we purchased our first piano a couple weeks ago. The boys were so excited, especially Ben. He kept saying as he was waiting for the guy to deliver it, "Where is MY piano?!" We put it in the Lego room, formerly the twins bedroom upstairs, and hopefully Ben will be taking lessons soon.



On Thursday, June 11, Grandpa Train and (cousin) Aydan came out to our house to go on a bike ride on the Jordan River Trail. How cute is that?! Barry is such a cute grandpa, and the boys had a great time. After that, Grandpa and Aydan took Ben home with them because they had big plans. Grandma was picking up (cousin) Jack at the same time as the bike ride, and then they all got together to play that day.

That evening Gma and Gpa took the three boys to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Capitol Theater and then they had a big sleepover at Gma and Gpa's house. Ben said, "The Chitty Chitty Bang Bang show was really good. Even though I didn't have donuts, I had a great time!"
This is the other thing that has been going on these past two weeks--rain, hail, rain, winds, rain, thunder and lightning, and more rain!! We haven't turned on the sprinklers for a while now it's been so wet. These are a few pictures I took during several downpours!! Oh summer, where are you?! (Actually I've really enjoyed this weather--the storms have been great!)




Then there's my poor garden! As seen in the picture, it got nailed over and over again. It was pretty hard on several of my plants, but they are all still alive, and the strawberries are delicious!!

Ahhh, Donut Friday! It was a beautiful day and Jaycie came along to pick out her own donut. This was a fun day because that evening we went to see Jaycie and her two sisters, Braidie and Ronnie, dance in their year-end recital. I have wanted to see them dance for years and we finally made it, which is something to say for 4 boys (including Daren, what a good sport!).

I got this picture just before the recital started. If I recall correctly, Jaycie's group was one of the first to perform and she had to run up there from sitting in the audience with Jake in his seat. How cute is she in her bumble bee outfit?!


Jaycie in another dance, and this is the only picture I got of Braidie dancing her solo. I don't know too much about it, but she was the 2009 STARS scholarship winner and she went to California to do a 2-day class with celebrity choreographers, and then she went on to nationals in Las Vegas (which I know she has won the past couple years, and probably did again this year, but I haven't heard yet). Braidie has been one of the boys babysitters for the past 3 years since they moved in as our neighbors, and we love these guys!

Not a great picture of Ronnie, but she is such a cute dancer with the best expressions!

And finally, this is what the Legos room has looked like for quite a while now. It's a mess!! At one point I tried to put them all together at the same time to clean things up, but it seriously only lasted less than 5 minutes, and then it went back to as it was before.


Indiana Jones Legos and the pirate Legos.

Will is my biggest Legos junkie--he just loves to play with them, take them apart, and then asks me to put them together again. It's fun, but I can only handle so much you know!!
Well that's it for now. It will probably take a few days for me to get to doing a post about youth conference that I just got back from, but it's coming!

1 comment:

Grandpa/Grandma Peel said...

Third week of June here in SoCal, and we're having the same kind of weird weather (no hail though)you're describing. Love the picture of Daren and the boys! So glad everyone is well again there--that was quite a string of illnesses. Sending lots of love.