Monday, September 28, 2009

maui memories



From a breathtaking sunrise atop a volcano, to a beautiful (but long) lush green drive, to sunsets on the beach, to stunning sealife, Maui had everything to offer and then some for us to have a good time...


Oh yea, and there was that hot and humid run called the Maui Marathon--26.2 miles of greuling sweat, and for some, dehydration. I didn't run it, but I was there on the sidelines with Nan to cheer, take pictures and hand out the diet cokes to all our friends in need. A bit unconventional--yes. The best diet coke that ever saved them in a marathon--absolutely!!!! They all finished and were amazing! More to come...

(Of course I'm not in the picture...I'm the one taking it! I'm not sad about not running at all, especially after I saw the lame 100% cotton t-shirt they got at the end)


3 comments:

LaRose Crew said...

no need to run it - always just up for the party :)

Julie V. said...

You were the smart one, going along for the ride! Beautiful pictures btw. Can't wait to see the rest.

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

Congrats to all the girls who ran, and to you on the sidelines, who helped them endure.