Tuesday, November 10, 2009

class picture day

I can't imagine there isn't anyone out there who doesn't know and love Calvin & Hobbes, but in case you don't, this was my favorite comic strip for years. Somewhere I still have the final comic they put in the Sunday paper years ago, and that was a sad day. Just last week I introduced Ben to Calvin and Hobbes, and he is now obsessed with them too. We sat down reading it together the other day and just laughed our heads off. This comic below is especially applicable to the picture following it. If you can't read it well, click on the comic to enlarge it. DON'T scroll down to look at the picture before you are done reading the comic! Don't say I didn't warn you!
Now when you stop laughing you are free to look below:




Yes, this is child #1. School picture day. Awesome haircut done by Julie. Styled at home by dad. Mom off galavanting in Hawaii. Hair re-styled at school by Ben.
I'm still trying to figure out what posessed Ben to part his hair in the middle--he never did it before (that we know of) and hasn't done it since (that we know of). Bless his heart though, it does make me smile cuz he looks so proud of himself. Thank goodness there was no Crisco involved...probably because it never occurred to him, but I'll guard mine next year! IF we had one more boy, which we won't, I would name him Calvin. Not to worry though--Ben said that he would make me proud in about 20 years and name his first boy Calvin. :)

I'm not a fan of school pictures, but all three boys are just classic this year. Will's mischevious smile.
And Jake's cute buzz. I'm the luckiest mom in the whole world!! We have our problems, but I wouldn't trade these guys for anything!

4 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

If anyone hasn't had a reason to laugh today, this blog will surely give them a reason! But...you're far more than "lucky", you are (and we are) "blessed". See you soon.

Julie V. said...

Wow, those kids are darn cute. LOL! That picture of Ben and the story behind it is classic!! LOVE it.

Maryanne said...

Laugh out LOUD! The parted-in-the-middle hair is awesome! And could Will look any more like his personality? Those pics sure tell some stories ;o)

Ba and Scott said...

OMG the comics are hilarious! Boys will be boys as you know better than anyone else. : )