Friday, March 25, 2011

two hours

Two hours.
Just two hours into this round of Will being off-track from school, and check him out.
It looks harmless enough--a tub with bubbles, right?  Who doesn't love that.  
It wasn't until a while later that I figured out the source of the bubbles.  It's that green bottle in the bottom right corner of the picture--shampoo!  I'm here to tell you, they make huge bubbles and it takes, like, all day for shampoo bubbles to disappear, and they leave a gross white film all over everything. 

The other half of the equation that makes this a pain in the rear is the balloon factor.  The boys have discovered how fun balloons can be in the tub...until they pop and go down the drain, which makes the water take FOREVER to drain out.  This happened the day before, and I thought it would be ok for Will to still get in, but you add in the very soapy water and the bubbles that took all day to disappear, and it was a pain.  Needless to say, balloons are forever banned in the tub!  Fortunately, the rest of this week hasn't been as eventful--just a lot of Lego playing and video games.  And at least it wasn't a house-full of crushed up styrofoam peanuts! 

2 comments:

sayfuzzypickles said...

LOL!!!! This is so funny. Gee, maybe our boys can get together and destroy something together. Or not. hahaha, this is soooo hilarious! thanks for making me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Geez. Sounds like something my son would do. In fact he had balloons in the tub. He had so much fun popping them that the next day I had to call the plumber to remove the popped balloons from the drain. I told him no more balloons in the bath. He wanted a bubble bath. I was on the phone. When I came back, there were a ton of bubbles. It turns out my son Jake used two whole bottles of shampoo. After his bath I sent him to bed. The next morning I made him clean the bath tub with me. I bought bubble bath & controlled how much I used in Jake's bath. He never did it again.