Sunday, April 3, 2011

protected

Yesterday: 75 degrees, partly cloudy, everyone outside in t-shirts and enjoying a beautiful spring day.  So beautiful that I decided to finally try planting tomatoes early, each protected inside their own wall-of-water.   Last night's forecast for pajama day (today):  stormy, perhaps a trace of snow in the valleys, but rain more likely.  Nothing to worry about for my newly planted tomatoes, right?!  


 (It was the best snow day the boys had in months!!)

I wasn't sure what to expect when I looked inside...  

 ...but so far, so good.  Now if they can remain protected and get through the couple of mornings which are supposed to be in the 20's this week, they might be all right.  Of course, the forecast has been wrong before.  

2 comments:

Alisha Joy said...

Great photos!!

sayfuzzypickles said...

What great captures of your tomato plants! I'm glad they survived...so far.