Tuesday, August 21, 2012

howdy

Where does the time go??  Just yesterday I held two little twin baby boys in my arms, and now they've turned 8 in the spring and are going into the third grade! Actually, let me clarify that.  Will IS in third grade, and has been for almost a month now, and Jake will start third grade in two weeks.

Will has scored every year with amazing teachers, and this year is no exception. His teacher, Mrs. Fay, is about as country western as you can get (her husband is a pro-rodeo-er), and her classroom reflects that, "as they gallop their way through third grade."  Their first full week of school was Western Week, complete with a visit from a few farm animals.

Of course I offered my assistance in taking pictures that day.  At one point when I had stopped taking pictures for a minute, I turned around looking for Will, and this is what I saw.  Seriously, how cute was he in his cowboy hat, boots, shorts, and sheriff vest?!  It was fun just to sit and watch him checking out his shadow.  He wore those boots with his shorts and vest non-stop all week.* (see below)

 Mrs. Fay and Cowboy Will

*(this is the below part) 
Every morning I took a picture (with my phone) of Will in his outfits.  
Monday:
 Tuesday:
 Wednesday:
(We ride bikes to school almost every day, cowboy boots and all)


 Thursday:
 and Friday:  
Obviously the Indiana Jones hat won out over the cowboy hat as his favorite of the week. 

 I had to include this last picture that I took that Friday after school, with Will in his swimsuit, helmet, bike, backpack, AND boots, heading over to swim at Adam's house!  

What a great kid he is, and I love Will's unique style!  We're looking forward to a great school year.  Even if he still hates math!  


1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

What a great way to start off a brand new school year (and cute pictures to capture it all). It was fun to see the old vest and know someone is getting some use out of it.