Tuesday, November 4, 2008

i voted

Well, I finally got to vote today. We had early voting available last week, and the two times I tried to go, the lines were forever long and would have been over an hour wait. I held out hope that because of the rush to vote, the lines would be a bit shorter today, and thankfully they were. I have voted in every election since I was 18, and the older I get the more I learn about politics. Perhaps that's why the let down is so hard when your guy (and gal) appear to not be doing so well in the final tally. It won't be the end of the world, but it could make it a lot more tough. Still, we live in the greatest nation ever in the history of the world, and I'm grateful for that.

It's been cute to see that Ben has taken such an interest in the election. He knows the names of the candidates running, but it doesn't go much further than that--he has just heard many people talking about it at school. He wanted to sit up with me for a few minutes tonight before he went to bed to see what the election results were. When I told him that apparently it looks like Obama would win, he said, "Well, it's too bad they can't both win." Ahh, the innocence of a child.

6 comments:

Alisha Joy said...

River thought my "I Voted" sticker was SOOO cool. Gotta love when the kids get excited about elections. I was trying to explain to the kids how lucky we are to live in a country where we can vote. I hope they grasped some of what I was trying to convey.

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

We're disappointed in the outcome of the election, but uplifted by the fact our party, hopefully, realizes it HAS to return to our conservative principles. Love you so much!

sayfuzzypickles said...

Oh my, how cute is that comment Ben made. The first thing Thomas asked me this morning when he woke up was "who won for president?" I told him Obama and he said, "darnit!" YOur mom's comment is dead on about the Republican party. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

sayfuzzypickles said...

Oh my, how cute is that comment Ben made. The first thing Thomas asked me this morning when he woke up was "who won for president?" I told him Obama and he said, "darnit!" YOur mom's comment is dead on about the Republican party. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

sayfuzzypickles said...

Oh my, how cute is that comment Ben made. The first thing Thomas asked me this morning when he woke up was "who won for president?" I told him Obama and he said, "darnit!" YOur mom's comment is dead on about the Republican party. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

sayfuzzypickles said...

Oops, I guess I shouldn't have clicked "publish your comment" three times! Sorry.
One more thought, the very first time I voted was in 1984 when Reagan was running the second time. I turned 18 the day before and was so proud to vote. We are so blessed that we have a voice!