Thursday, November 6, 2008

odds-n-ends

Just a few things I want to remember:

On Monday when I dropped Will off at preschool, I was talking to his teacher while the class was playing outside. Suddenly Will came up to us so excited because he had found this worm! We had been digging up roots out of the garden all weekend and the boys were so excited to find worms, but this one Will found at school topped them all!! He asked me to take it home with me, so I did and put it in some dirt in a dump truck so it would survive for at least a little while. Will and Jake nicknamed it "Squirmy Wormy," but it didn't even last until the end of the day--to much playing!! Love the dirty feet!
I'm here to tell you, I am the WORST cookie maker in the world--no matter what they always turn out flat, so I don't make them often. Well, for some strange reason this batch I made actually turned out soooo good. I amazed even myself, so I had to document it. (Truth be told, though, I'd rather just eat the cookie dough anyway, rather than the cookie:)

Now this was a snowstorm!! Wednesday morning this is what we woke up to. One of the first things Ben said to me was, "Mom, this snow storm is magnificient!" It snowed off and on almost all day here (lake effect), so we got quite a bit.

Still snowing at lunch time when the boys got home from preschool. Will was more than happy to help Daren plow on the four-wheeler.


I caught the twins playing in the backyard, trying to catch the snow on their tongues. They LOVE the snow (can't wait to see how they do on skis this winter!). It was so pretty outside with all the beautiful fall leaves on the trees still, and the white snow on the ground.
And last, but not least, when I was getting dressed to go running this morning (at 5:20am), I realized that last night was the first night in over a month that I haven't been woken up by 1, 2, or all 3 boys. With the only working bathrooms being upstairs, they have to come up here during the night if they need to do their business, and for some reason they feel that they (at least the twins) have to come get me to be able to go, and then I have to walk them back downstairs. Daren has had terrible luck sleeping at the fire station recently too, the most recent being that he didn't get to bed until 4:30am! Gracious!!

4 comments:

Julie V. said...

The picture with the twins out back is priceless! The pure joy on their faces says it all. Magnificent snow storm? You gotta love his enthusiasm.

Liz said...

Hi Heather,

Congrats on the successful cookie batch. I hear you on the yummy cookie dough. That really is the best part of making cookies. I feel like we haven't seen you guys forever. Looks like you are all happy and doing well. Cute boys!! You amaze me with your 5:30 am runs. Hope to see you all soon.

Callisto said...

You got that right - the dough is the best part of making cookies. What great pictures! Only Will could look that good while posing with a worm. :P

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

If only that worm knew how happy he made a little boy for a little while! The cookies are truly beautiful!! Yes, the snow is lovely, and I know you all love it, but this California girl is hoping it will all be gone before I get there next week. Love you sweethearts, Mom