Saturday, February 20, 2010

we heart this guy

A couple weeks ago it was Father's Visiting Day at Ben and Jake's school, and since I was there taking pictures for Jake's kindergarten class, I got this one of Daren and Jake. I also played the proxy father when Daren was gone to Ben's class, and it was a lot of fun.
Jake's drawing of Daren:)
Then just this past Tuesday was Daren's birthday--yea, now I'm only a year older than him instead of two!!
The boys were sad they had to wait until after school for Daren to open his presents, but it all worked out. This is our favorite lemon cake he wanted.
...along with one of his gifts. What else--a Lego fire engine!!
Will helped Daren put the fire engine together. I had offered to make Daren anything he wanted for dinner, and he chose In-n-Out. (That was more like a present for me!) It was an early dinner because he had a fire department meeting and I had my photography class, so we went our separate ways, but that's how things go being married to a fireman. We'll keep him, though, because we really heart this guy!

4 comments:

Four babies 4 us said...

I didn't realize you were older than your hubby. You're such a cougar ;)
I still haven't been to In-N-Out, the line in the drive-thru is always soooooo long that I'm intimidated by it. Sounds good though, I love that place.
Happy belated Birthday Daren!

Michelle

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

We love that guy, too! See you all soon.

Ba and Scott said...

Oh, how fun. Gotta love kids interpretations when it comes to arts and crafts. Happy Birthday Daren!

Julie V. said...

So the Lego set was for whom?!