Monday, April 26, 2010

anniversary gifts

I'm a little late getting to this, but I wanted to share what I made for Daren for our 15th anniversary last month. Yes, it was very late because I totally underestimated how long it would take to make, but in the end it was so worth it. Many thanks to my friend Jessica for teaching me the basics of Photoshop to get me going on this project.

Ever since we got home from our Route 66 trip, almost two years ago, Daren wanted to print out our blog and make it into a book. It always seemed like such a daunting task, plus I couldn't find a program or company I was happy with. So, with Jessica's help, I made my own book in Photoshop, page by page, and after many weeks (even all throughout our Washington D.C. trip), I finally got it done and sent it in to Shutterfly. Even I was surprised at how great it turned out. Not bad for a first timer!! To check out the whole book, click here.

I got extra spoiled as well for our anniversary--forget chocolates, jewelry, etc. Daren knows how to speak my love language and got me a new lens for my camera. It has been an amazing 15 years together already, and looking forward to so many more!!!

7 comments:

Julie V. said...

The book turned out so well. I LOVE IT! props to you Heather for your amazing photography and now photoshop skills.

Lynette M. said...

ok Im in awe! I was going to make a book for Christmas and it seemed too overwhelming. Please, Please invite me over so you can show me some of your tricks! The book turned out amazing!

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

Daren may have had a clue as to what you were doing - but he had to be utterly amazed at the final product!

The Rasch's said...

May sounds wonderful!! Let me know a weekend that works with you guys and we will be there.

mvpeels said...

I am simply stunned. What an incredible keepsake! It. Must. Have. Taken. FOREVER.
--Eric

Ba and Scott said...

Wow! That is fantastic. I want to eventually make my blog into a journal, I will have to ask how you do it when I feel up to it. 15 years, congrats! Glad you got what you wanted. : )

Alisha Joy said...

I must see it live! Let's have a photo book lunch. We could bring our bbest photobook attempst and share share share. I would love to get pointers from all of you creative ppeople