Wednesday, April 7, 2010

tooth fairy please


Since I didn't get around to posting this before, I had to do it now because it is worthy of it's own post. Lately Jake has been losing teeth so fast that the tooth fairy can hardly keep up. A couple weeks ago Jake got off the school bus holding his mouth closed in a weird way, so I knew something was up. When he finally smiled there was a big red hole in his mouth, because he had just lost it while eating an ice cream cone right before he got on the bus to come home.

A few days later he came home from school with a tooth that was literally hanging on by a thread. It kept hanging in there, and Jake loved grossing me out by opening his mouth and wiggling it every which way. I hate loose teeth; something about them are so gross!! I tried to be brave and help him pull it out with a long string, which we tied on to it.


Daren said Jake looks like a pumpkin face with so many teeth missing right now. Jake grabbed his own baggie and wrote a note to the tooth fairy, which deciphered says: "To Tooth Fairy. Please give me $90 please. I'll leave you $5 please." The tooth fairy came up quite a bit short, but Jake still was happy to find that the Tooth Fairy remembered him this time!

No comments: