Wednesday, February 2, 2011

february resolution

I have been a terrible blogger lately, and I've decided to change my wicked ways.  In looking back at some of my older posts, I used to blog often, and mostly about the little things we did.  Lately it's been the bigger events, but even then I haven't been great at that either (did you see my post about Christmas...no?...see what I mean?!) and in all reality, I'd much rather remember the little details of our everyday lives.  So, one month in to 2011 and I'm finally making a resolution to blog more often.  Starting today with, who else, these three boys who are growing up way too fast for Daren and me.

The other day I was really trying to like my 50mm lens more, so I stuck it on my camera and went around taking pictures.  This is a familiar sight on the weekends around here, since it's the only time the boys can play video games, and I loved how they were just lined up perfectly to play.


Their concentration is so intense when they play--talk about being in the "zone."

This is what they have been playing every chance they've had for the past 2 weeks.  Little Big Planet 2 was supposed to come out last November, but for whatever reason it got delayed until January 18.  The boys were crushed that it wouldn't be here for Christmas, although Will was sure Santa could pull some strings and get it for them in time, but no.  I heard the countdown to January 18 for weeks leading up to it.  They had to earn half of the money in order to get it, which wasn't easy for them to do.   In fact, as badly as they wanted it, they didn't earn all the money until Wednesday the 19th.  That's what a little adhd can do to you--hard to focus on something even when you really want it.  So on Wednesday when I picked up Ben and Jake from their bus stop after school Jake said to me, in his most excited voice, "Mom, have you experienced the awesomeness of LBP2 yet?"  What??  Like I'm sitting at home all day playing it while they are gone.  It made me laugh, and we did make an exception for playing during the week that night.  They love this game, and I love it because they are so creative with it.  You can build your own levels, and so they are constantly creating and playing levels which I can't even begin to understand.  It's already happening, where my kids know more about technology than me!!  


After playing video games for a while, they decided it was just barely warm enough to go outside to jump on the trampoline.  They are just dying to get out and run around, but it's been so freezing cold here this winter.  Spring can't come fast enough!!  

p.s. Christmas post coming very soon--I have all the pictures uploaded, I just have to write.  Or maybe not...

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

We love to see the everyday happenings around your house. The lineup of the boys was a perfect shot.